We all know what they are experts on, but we want to know what makes our speakers tick. In this series, we sit down with some of our key speakers for 60 seconds to find out a bit more about them before we see them on stage at the All Payments Expo in New Orleans, 21-23 March 2016.
60 Seconds with…
Director, the Gift Card Network
1. What is your personal philosophy?
My personal philosophy isn’t anything new or particularly unique, but it is powerful and important, and I work hard to keep true to this golden rule: “Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.”
2. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
I was a Santa’s elf one holiday season. Think about the movie “A Christmas Story” and you’ll understand.
3. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
I would love to give Puppeteering a try…a day on the set of Sesame Street would be a dream come true.
4. Disruption is always on the tip of everyone’s tongue. In your opinion, what is going to be the ultimate game-changer for the payments industry?
Digital payments in general. With the removal of physical delivery barriers, Digital payments are opening up whole new distribution and product opportunities for the payments industry.
5. What are you most looking forward to at the All Payments Expo 2016 in New Orleans?
Seeing my peers. Having been in the gift card industry for over 16 years, I’ve developed a strong network of fantastic peers and one of my favorite things about events like this is the opportunity to catch up with them in person.
Want to hear more from David? Click here to read his latest blog post, Does more security mean more friction in payments?